Chef: Paul Landkamer
- 2 cup Griopro® Cricket Powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup white (granulated) sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter/margarine
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 ½ Tbsp fine powdered jalapeno cores and seeds (made from dehydrating and grinding the cores and seeds of jalapeno peppers when I make sweet pickles. The cores and seeds are the hottest parts of a pepper.)
- Beat/mix all of the sugars, butter/margarine, and oil until smooth
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for Griopro®Cricket Powder into the mix and mix well.
- Add 1 cup Griopro® Cricket Powder, then white flour until dough is fairly stiff (4-6 cups). Add the coconut flour, Griopro® Cricket Powder and a pinch of cinnamon. Beat the batter until smooth.
- Mix all together thoroughly. (I use a hand-mixer until flour-time.) Roll into balls about walnut size. Roll the balls in sugar and flatten on a cookie sheet with a glass. Sprinkle top lightly with cayenne pepper to give it a cinnamon-look. The cookie this recipe mimics is a snickerdoodle, I believe.
- Bake at 375 degrees until edges turn slightly brown –about 10-12 minutes. Don’t overbake. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.