Cricket Powder Breakfast Biscuits
Chef: Ryan Goldin
- 1 3/4 cups of Griopro® Cricket Powder
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, including Griopro® Cricket Powder.
- Slowly mix in vegetable oil into the batter until consistency is close to almond or corn meal.
- Transfer into another bowl to work the batter with your hands.
- Add almond milk until batter forms into a soft dough. Remove from bowl and knead ten times on floured surface.
- Use rolling pin to roll out the dough to an approximate thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut into 2″ rounds using a small mug or glass.
- Place rounds carefully onto an ungreased cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake biscuits for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Enjoy fresh from the oven!